La Jolla Engagement Photography San Diego
One of the best photography locations in San Diego is the city of La Jolla. That is of course assuming you are the type of soon-to-be bride, groom, or San Diego wedding photographer who enjoys perfect weather and beautiful golden California light. That is why I was really stoked that Steffi and Tom decided on the La Jolla hiking trails for the location of their engagement session. And as all hiking adventures begin, this La Jolla engagement session started with my fat ass walking and snapping photos of these two much more physically-fit lovers. In fact, Steffi and Tom compete in Iron Man triathlons, Spartan Races, and of course, recreational 10-mile ocean swims every morning in San Diego. You might say they are ambitious with their physical fitness goals, but they told me it was just a way of life. I totally understand that dedication, but it is more in line with Taco Tuesdays and endless margaritas.
Honestly, we cruised through the La Jolla trails then hit the beach for some photos on the sand and on an abandoned lifeguard tower. We laughed, we cried (okay we didn’t cry), but we did have an awesome time together. So I will STFU and let you check out some of Steffi and Tom’s La Jolla engagement photos in San Diego below! Cheers!
Best La Jolla Photography Spots
Best Places To Photograph San Diego Engagements
One of the most popular questions I get from other San Diego wedding photographers is “What is your skincare regimen”? Well, it is a combination of little sleep and Russian River IPAs that give my skin that youthful glow. The next question is in regards to the best photography spots in La Jolla. The answer is I seriously don’t know LOL. The location for Steffi and Tom’s La Jolla engagement photos was basically the local hiking trail and the beach. Pretty simple. So sorry to disappoint anyone hoping this blog post would offer some secret awesome photo spots in La Jolla. I will say some of the locations other San Diego wedding photographers recommended as kick-ass locations are:
- Scripps Pier
- La Jolla Cove Engagement Photos
- Torrey Pines Gliderport
- Windansea Shack
- Salk Institute
Other popular locations for an engagement photography session in San Diego include Balboa Park, Mission Trails, Blacks Beach, or San Diego Zoo.
Beach Engagement Sessions: Capturing Love by the La Jolla Shores
La Jolla shores are one of the best locations for sunset engagement photos in San Diego. Have you considered the magical golden hour for your shoot? That’s the time just before sunset when the light bathes everything in a warm, golden glow. This natural lighting is not only flattering but adds an ethereal quality to beach engagement photos.
Why is golden hour great for photos? It softens shadows, reduces highlights, and gives your skin a beautiful, sun-kissed appearance. Basically, golden hour results in kick ass, warm photos.
La Jolla’s beaches offer a versatile environment to match your style. Whether you prefer an elegant look on the rocks or a fun splash in the waves, La Jolla shores cater to all. Also, if you plan on getting into the water as the sun sets, make sure to bring a change of clothes so you are not freezing after your photo shoot! By planning ahead and embracing the natural beauty of the location, your engagement photos will be awesome!
Looking for engagement photo ideas for your upcoming La Jolla Beach engagement? Then consider having your photo session at the La Jolla beaches during golden hour or simply brainstorm with your officiant, photographer, or anyone else familiar with La Jolla so you can get the most kick-ass San Diego engagement photography!
La Jolla Engagement Photos – Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Permit Required for Taking Engagement Photos at Windansea Beach in La Jolla?
No, a permit is not required to take engagement photos at Windansea Beach in La Jolla. This makes it an accessible and appealing choice among engagement locations. Feel free to collaborate with your engagement photographer to plan a beach engagement session that reflects your love and style. Enjoy the beauty and ease of this stunning location without the worry of additional fees. I mean, you already have enough to pay for with your upcoming wedding, right!?
Are There Any Good Spots To Eat In La Jolla After Our Engagement Session You Recommend?
So, you finished your La Jolla engagement photo session and want a post-shoot celebratory cocktail. Well, you definitely deserve it! But where should you go to eat? Below, are 3 spots I typically recommend that range on the low price side to the high price side.
Don Carlos Taco Shop
- Food: Specializing in authentic Mexican cuisine, the menu offers everything from flavorful tacos to mouth-watering burritos.
- Atmosphere: Casual and cozy, this local gem provides a relaxed setting where you can unwind after your shoot.
- Why it’s great: Want a quick yet delicious bite? Don Carlos offers a taste of local culture, and it’s an excellent spot to refuel after an energetic engagement session.
- Food: Known for their gourmet tacos and Mexican street food, Puesto offers a modern twist on classic dishes.
- Atmosphere: Chic and vibrant, the ambiance here is lively, perfect for toasting to your future together.
- Why it’s great: Looking for something trendy and fun? Puesto is ideal for couples seeking a more upscale yet still approachable dining experience.
- Food: Offering a menu filled with organic and vegan options, Trilogy caters to health-conscious couples.
- Atmosphere: The rooftop setting adds an open and airy vibe, complementing your beach day perfectly.
- Why it’s great: If nourishing your body with wholesome food is a priority, Trilogy makes for a seamless transition from your engagement shoot. Enjoy a meal that feels as natural and genuine as your love.
Enjoy, celebrate, and savor the moment!
- 1 La Jolla Engagement Photography San Diego